Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tis the Season

I know, I know Thanksgiving isn't even here yet and I am already starting to think about Christmas. Does time fly by as fast for this time of year, as it does for me? Whew!
The project for today is a tradition in most families - Reindeer food. For those of you that haven't heard of it, basically you take oats and sugar sprinkles (this is safe for animals, so we don't use real glitter) and put it in little bags. Then on Christmas Eve night, you sprinkle it in the yard and when it is gone in the morning, the kids know that Santa's reindeer have been there.

I made several of these to give as gifts (great for the classroom)


I took 1/2 cup of oats and 2 tsp of sugar (1 red and 1 green) put them in a clear bag and sealed them. The toppers are made from layered SU supplies. The Rudolph stamp is from SU bingo bits. I used chocolate chip ink for Rudolph. The layers of paper are crumb cake and real read that I sponged chocolate chip ink around the edges. I printed the poem on the computer.

Rudolph's nose is a self adhesive gem that I purchased at the craft store -or you can use an I-rock gem

Happy Holidays to you all.
Thanks for stopping by, I'll see you again soon.
Barbi

1 comment:

  1. I always did this when I taught primary school, and the KIDS loved it! I also did Snowman Soup--which they ADORED!
    Just became a follower--thank you for visiting me and following me.

    all the cricky best,
    kandrew

    ReplyDelete