Monday, August 16, 2010

Neat Notebooks!

Hi everyone,
I watched a live Ustream this past Saturday done by Angie, a fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. She made an adorable altered notebook. See her project here. Her project really inspired me, so I got some 3x5 memo notebooks and started to play. My son (4 years old) commented that I "always" make girlie things and I should make something for him. So we crossed the Blue's Clues notebook, and Diego's field journal with a little Cricut Everyday paperdoll, Safari and this is what we came up with.

Isn't this just adorable? He is so proud of "helping" me put it together.

Of course, then my daughter came home and informed me that she "NEEDED" one since school was starting tomorrow :) She chose the colors and wanted her initial and a butterfly on it (all with "a lot of glitter"...LOL). And this is our creation.


I am not sure if you can see in the picture, but the outline of the S and the butterfly are jazzed up with a little stickles. These norebooks are so cute and fun. I'm glad that I got a bunch of them. I think I can make some good projects for the crafts fairs with them. I can just see these as stocking stuffers :)

The instructions on these notebooks is easy. The base color is 3x5. I made a template so that I can easily poke holes with my crop a dile for the binding. The pattern paper is 4 1/2x 2 3/4. I cut the Safari guy and the "S" at 3" and the butterfly at 1". If you use this idea, I would love to see what you some up with.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you soon!
Barbi

No comments:

Post a Comment