Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Simple and Elegant

This is a simple card that I thought was just beautiful.

I got the idea from Angie of at http://www.mychicnscratch.com/ she made this card and an awesome box to go with it. My version of this card is made at 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 (1/2 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock). I simply embossed the front of the card using my big shot and an embossing folder from SU. Then I stamped a design from the vintage labels stamp set twice and punched them out using the scallop punch. I punched the center from one of the stamped images and affixed it to the front of the card. Once it was in place, I then stamped the card through the hole so they would match up. Super easy!

I placed the second image behind it and glued it down to the inside of the card. A little ribbon embellishment and you're done! Angie shows all of these steps on her video (awesome!!!) http://www.mychicnscratch.com/ She also uses shimmer paint from SU on hers (you know I had to order some after seeing that...It'll be here later this week ... lol)

I hope you like this idea as much as I do. See you soon.
Thanks for stopping by,
Barbi

No comments:

Post a Comment